Sunday 31 May 2009

On your Marks, Get Set......sleep....

So here we all are (well, without John Stainton to whom all are best wishes are sent), ready for the off.

Bikes are packed, kit checked, uniforms ready to....oh no wait! It would appear that we are now going from "John O'Graot to Land Ends" according to our cycle tops! Who's fault this is one can only hazard a guess. He know's who he is! Luckily, he may be bringing in £50,000....well, that's just rumour, speculation and adult filth. We shall see!

After getting in to Inverness Airport, we took the journey north in the minibus to our stop for this night, Wick. It would perhaps have been better to try and sleep through it and not see the 13% inclines that we have to face tomorrow! It's a bit late to back out now though although the excuses were coming in thick and fast during our monstrous meal in Wetherspoons.

We must thank the people of Wick, however, for donating £221! I would also like to thank the lady on the plane who turned around at the end of the flight after hearing me spout on for ages and handed me a £20 note - probably to shut me up!! Still, it all counts.

So yes, we are now ready and raring to go. The sun is due to beat down tomorrow so the tanning lotion is at the ready; just behind the waterbottles.

Wish us luck!




Hotmail® goes with you. Get it on your BlackBerry or iPhone.

4 comments:

  1. Go for it! I will post your details on twitter ( suggest you use it for daily updates) my twiier www.twitter.com/theharrier. I will also put a note on my profile www.ecademy.com/user/tombrown

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go for it! I will post your details on twitter ( suggest you use it for daily updates) my twitter www.twitter.com/theharrier. I will also put a note on my profile www.ecademy.com/user/tombrown

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck everyone and take care X

    Ali Collins

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good effort guys. They say raw steak is good for the saddle sores!!!

    All the very best from the RM PT Branch.

    ReplyDelete